The extraterrestrial has been a real trend for a pretty long time now on fashion blogs, so I desided to make an tutorial about how to get a galaxy print on your nails. I think it turned out so pretty and it is really not hard to do. I will basically explain how you recreate this yourself in twelve steps.
Things you will need.
- Nailpolished in black, white, shimmery white, red, purple and blue and something with sparkles in it.
Nailpolish that I used are from Mavala, Hema, Bourjous, Etos.
- A sponge, I just used one you are supposed to clean with and cut a little piece of it.
- A dotting tool (Nail art pen, toothpick or skewer)
- Nail polish remover and some cotton swabs.
- Clean your nails with polish remover, it will make you nail polish last longer.
- Cut off a little piece off your sponge (1x1x3cm).
- Apply a base coat of your choice.
- Paint all your nails black and let them dry (I prefer doing two layers so it is really pigmented).
- Take the glitter black polish and put in all over your nails for a starry effect.
- Take the shimmery white polish and put some of it on a paper, then take your sponge and dip it in (make sure there is not too much polish on your sponge). Now just randomly put it on some places on your nails.
- Do the same thing with the red, blue, purple colors, make sure it is random and not one color all over your nails.
- For the “stars”, use the white polish and your dotting tool to make little dots on different places of your nails.
- Take any glittery nail polish you like and put it one some off your nails to get an extra shimmery effect.
- Finish of with a topcoat.
- Let your nails dry completely.
- Clean up any mistakes with the polish remover and make sure there is only polish on your nails and not all over your hands.
There you go, now you have got the prettiest galaxy nails!
I hope you liked this tutorial and if you still have any questions just ask.