This recipe is for 6 to 8 persons, depending on the size of the cups you serve the chocolate mousse in.
I am going to explain step by step how to make your own delicious chocolate mousse at home. Thank me and Duco later!
Ingredients: Whipped cream (375 ml) | Dark chocolate (300g) | 3 Eggs | Sugar (100g) | Pinch of vanilla| sugar | Half filled glass of water | Unsalted butter (75g)
Other necessities: 3 Bowls | 1 Heat resistant scale | Saucepan | Mixer | Knife | Whisk
001. Poor the cream in the bowl. Whisk the cream until it gets thick and forms peaks. After that put the bowl in the fridge.
002. Split the eggs, put the yokes in the smallest bowl and the egg whites in a larger one, set the egg white aside for now. Combine the sugar with the egg yokes and mix it with the whisk until it forms a smooth sort of yellow paste. After that stir a pinch of vanilla sugar through the mixture.
003. Cut the chocolate in tiny little pieces with a knife and put it in the heat resistant scale.
004. Take the water and the butter and put it in the heat resistant scale as well.
005. Now it is time for Au bain marie. Put 3 cm water in the saucepan and put the heat resistant scale on top of the saucepan and heat it. In the mean time, stir the chocolate pieces, the water and the butter in the resistant scale until the mixture is getting thick and smooth.
006. When the mixture has thickened and is smooth take out a little bit and put it in the bowl with the egg yokes, quickly mix it to prevent the egg yoke from cooking. Poor the mixture of egg yokes and chocolate back in the bowl above the saucepan and let it smoothen while stirring constantly. If everything is nice and smooth, take the heat resistant bowl of the fire.
007. Let the chocolate mixture cool down a little bit and stir it once in a while.
008. Whisk the egg whites until it forms stiff peaks.
009. Take the whipped cream out of the fridge.
010. When the chocolate mixture has cooled down it is time to combine everything together in a big bowl. Fold everything together until it is just mixed.
011. Separate the final mixture over different little bowls, glasses or cups and put them in the fridge for at least 5 hours.
012. Decorate the chocolate mousse with anything you like, you can think of strawberries, chocolate chips and whipped cream and then we are done.
Duco and I hope you all enjoyed this little cooking tutorial and try it out yourself sometime, it is definitely worth the effort! I am actually thinking about making some more of these kind of posts, so if you would like to see more recipes then let me know.