I met make-up artist Karim Satter last night at the presevent organized by Dr. Hauschka at Bagels & Beans in Amsterdam. He is just amazing, extremely funny and a make-up professional! He shared some of his make-up secrets and today I am going to share them with you!
1. Foundation: Choose a foundation in your own color, so make sure it is not too dark for you. When you are testing foundation, just take three complementary shades and swatch them on your jawline, then softly smudge. This way you can see which shades blend perfectly into the skin.
2. Mascara: Do not use black mascara under your eye, it makes you look five years older. Instead try other colors like brown, blue or even green! Also use short strokes to add the color to your bottom lashes and use a zigzag motion to apply mascara to your top lashes.
3. Rouge: Apply rouge on the upper part of your cheekbones in an outwards inwards motion. Also apply your rouge just below your eyebrow, this will make you look younger!
4. Concealer: You actually need two concealers. A color similar to you skin to conceal little blemishes and a slightly lighter concealer for under your eyes. If you apply concealer under your eyes only apply it near the inner corner of your eye and a little bit downwards, not everywhere under your eye.
5. Eyeshadow: Apply white eyeshadow on your inner eyelid, this will make your eyes look bigger and more expressive.
6. No tears: If your eyes start to water during the application of you make-up, close your eyes and swallow.
7. Eyeliner: Using an eyeliner and not smudging it, will make you eyes look harsh and not natural. Apply a small amount of eyeliner on the outer corner of the top lid of the eye and a small amount right under the eyes to the bottom lash line. Use an eyeshadow blend brush to smudge it all out.
8. Highlight: Use a light eyeshadow as a highlighter on your cheekbone and forehead for more glamour.
9. Lipstick: Put a little bit face powder on you lips before you apply your lipstick. Then kiss a tissue to remove any excess color, put on a bit of face powder again and finish of with another layer of lipstick. This will make it last a lot longer!
10. Fixation: Fixate your make-up with face lotion.
Good luck with these tips!